I just got done watching the movie "Saving Face" and it was a great movie. I lloovvee Joan Chen! I've seen her in other movies and think she's an extremely talented woman. She's also absolutely stunning and that, I don't think, would begin to do her beauty justice. Michelle Krusiec and Lynn Chen were great too. The movie was really well done and it was nice to see a fully fleshed out movie that showcased a part of Asian culture, specifically Mandarin. I was also happy that Mandarin was used instead of all English. I find it ridiculous when American films are set in a foreign country or have substantial foreign content and for some reason everyone speaks English.
Bitch, please.
Everyone goes to their first-born language, especially first generation individuals. Just one more reason that Americans are ignorant to the rest of the world and our media certainly doesn't help.
As an aside, I thought the love scene between Wil and Viv was very sweet, gentle. It made me winsome though so I ended up "taking the edge off" after the film ended, and then I cried and felt like I was going to throw up (great, sorry if that was TMI), which kinda makes me laugh right now but, it's just so much more intense when it's just you and you're not using any equipment. Something that is pure I guess? I don't know... I just miss that physical affection and closeness. I've not had it in almost a year. I shove the feelings down because there seems to be no one around that is right for me and that I'd trust enough to let them get that close. I can't and won't just be with someone. I just don't know what to do with myself when I have all of this love, kindness, tenderness, affection, this will to go and hang the moon for the right girl. The right girl I apparently haven't met yet.
It obviously made me miss J but I know that I miss the thought of her, not the whole of her. I don't miss the verbal and emotional abuse. I just miss her touch, her kiss, her body. That's what still makes me weak, since I'm such a physical person. I feel addicted all over again, but I'm not going to call her. I'm not going to give in, I went through enough heartache and pain to last a lifetime. I just need the tenderness now... Yeah... Tenderness. Love. Everything.