Friday, November 16, 2007

Closing Time

For the most part I had a really good day today for the first time in a while. I'm kinda down right now because I was hanging out with a bunch of my underage friends and had attended a singing competition on campus that one of our mutual friends was in. It was great to see her sing and everything however everyone was talking about how there was going to be this party afterwards at some person's house/place and stuff. I hate having to be the odd one out were everyone is talking about something, knowing full well that I'm not invited/going/whatever.

I'm genuinely thinking that since I'm of age and also a CRJ major, that has been why when something like this occurs, I'm out of the mix. I understand that and on one hand at least appreciate the fact that they don't want my life/potential career choices to be affected by such behavior if the police were called, which it would be. However, there's really no way I can not feel left out and like a total loser on the other hand.

We were all having a good time and when we got back to their dorm it was pretty much, "Ok see ya". It's pretty ridiculous since I am of age and would normally be in situations where we'd be leaving underage people there because they couldn't go out to a bar or something. That's one of the problems with my being so much older than everyone else. I can deal with the maturity issues, it's not that bad. But this is the one thing that truly gets to me and I don't feel like I can do anything about it.

If I had an apartment I'd have no problem inviting them over and hanging out there where I knew everyone would be safe and we could still party but I just can't risk being in that kind of situation, especially because I'm that much older and should obviously know better...

I fucking hate drinking laws!

Grr...