Tuesday, May 09, 2006

El Extremo Está Cerca (The End Is Near)

So the semester is over at the end of the week. I almost can't believe I made it. To say everything and everyone was stressful is an understatement. I'm glad it's over but there are some people that I've met that are leaving (graduation, transferring, new job, ect.) and that's making it hard to be happy.

I'm sad right now because one friend in particular just happens to be graduating on Saturday. I'm glad I was able to feel more at home here at Eastern but it's really frustrating when, yet again,I'm trying to make friends and then something like this happens. I don't understand this ebb and flow of things.

I don't regret anything, she's one of the most interesting and amazing people I've ever met. I just feel like there's more for me to learn from her and I don't want her to leave. It was nice to have someone to talk to and hang out with. Someone who's level I had to get on instead of vice versa as it is with all of these silly 18 yr. old jackasses that are running around here.

UK Law offered her a full ride which she will take unless she gets a full ride from American University. Yep... She's that smart. I've never met anyone like her and she's really had an unexpected affect on me. I can only hope that the feeling is mutual. She left earlier today (her hometown is in rural Eastern KY so no internet for her) so I'm down about it. She'd get mad at me for missing her but I can't help it.

In other news: My birthday is Friday! Big 2-3! So I'll be celebrating that and hopefully getting quite drunk only to go dancing and make a fool out of myself. Only a few more days and I'll officially be a college sophmore and that feels good. I can't wait to get my diploma. Just for the ceremony really I think graduation is pretty fun... Not that I'm exactly screaming to get back into the world of stressful, full-time, employment that I waded through not to long ago.

Good luck "Sparky". Everything will be as it should and you'll go where you need to go even though I'll miss you deeply. Thanks for the footprints you've left on my heart. I love you.