Wednesday, March 25, 2009

World Emotion

Today has been a really tough day for me. I watched a movie in class this afternoon called "The Chamber" which is based off a JG novel that I started reading a number of years ago but never finished. On its own merits, it's an ok film, but it was what I felt emotionally that got me and I can't seem to shake it. There is a lot of negative emotions and situations in the film (i.e. racism, suicide, violence, hate, ect.) and I just really couldn't deal with watching it. It was inopportune since I was in class and wasn't hardly going to cry in front of my classmates but I certainly felt like it.

I feel like lately I'm so overwhelmed with the negative aspects of the universe. I'm constantly asking questions like, "Why are people so mean to each other?" "How can a person hurt someone else in that way, especially one they claim to love?" "How will peace become a part of the earth when it seems like everywhere I turn there is the antithesis of it?" I just want to run away from it all, like Dr. Manhattan in Watchmen. It's just depressing...

It also is almost the third year "anniversary" of my father's death. I think that I've moved on but I don't truly believe that. It twists like a knife inside whenever I think of it.