Thursday, October 11, 2007

Music & Percentages

I had a really good session with my therapist on Wed. afternoon and I've felt better since then. I wen to the gym today for the first time in I don't even know how long. I think maybe last fall which is shocking for it to be over a year. But I went, my horoscope said if I started exercising on the 11th that I would have the best chance to sustain my drive and will over time to keep going. It was good to get back in there and I'm all the more tired for it but it's a different kind of tired. I know I'll be paying for it tomorrow but I know I will go back, I need to work out something regular for sure.

I have one more assignment for my Gender & Terrorism class and then I will be all caught up. Unfortunately, it's a big project and I know I've put it off long enough. I absolutely has to get done this weekend, not to mention the regular homework we have that's due by Mon. morning. I love the material but I hate it being and online class, it's just not a successful learning environment. I swore I'd never take one again but I'm only doing it now because I really wanted to take the class and the woman that teaches it lives in another state so online is the only way *Sad Face*

I'm excited about all of the new music I'm getting into lately. I was a total music freak when I was a teenager and spent most of my money on cds, posters, music mags (Select, NME, Q, Melody Maker, SPIN, RR, ect.), and bootlegs of whatever I could get my hands on. Now that I look back on it, I have about... 10-15 Oasis bootleg CDs and even 2-3 VHS bootlegs of concerts. But all of that's gone now, when Napster happen in 1999 (omg I can't believe it's been almost 10 years) things were irrevocably changed forever. I don't know if it was for the better but it's certainly changed the way we consume and receive music nowadays. I've not been into my favorite used cd store in ages. But somehow I'm getting new music and I'm happy about it. There is a concert series here at school that brings in some good music and they're generally unsigned or rather unknown groups and they sell their cds for $10-15 and it's a great atmosphere. I've bought a few already and am really enjoying them.

I got to talk to one of my dearest friends last night who is in Mexico till December. She's just... amazing and I miss her a ton. She always knows how to make me laugh and say the right thing to me at the right time. I can't wait for her to get back so I can go visit her.

This is kind of a rambling post but I think that's ok. It's nice to not always have something to write about, which tends to usually be awful or sad since I tend to write the most when I'm feeling extreme emotions like that. Anyway, I'm good right now... I think I've been about 75% for a while now but I think I'm pushing at least 85%-90% right now.

Here's to increases :)