Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Frustración

Wow...

So after a tiny break I'm back blogging. Only took four months.

A lot has changed and I realized that I only really want to write when I'm having a hard time with something or along those lines.

I'm currently in my second semester here at EKU and have yet to still find something about this place and school that will win me over. The only reason why I came here (or ever would) was for the College of Justice & Saftey. I'm still trying to make friends but the age and maturity gap seems to get me every time. It's not like I think I can't have younger friends but when most of your close friends are at least in their late twenties or early thirties it's just not clicking for me.

I have no desire to run around drinking all of the time and making a damn fool out of myself. Richmond is such a tiny dot on the map and there is really and honestly nothing to do here but drink and fuck. The "Richmond Mall" consists of a Wal-Mart, a Kroger, and a Save-A-Lot amongst some other random crap that no one wants to go to. I thought Lexington was small but this just blows. I pity those that come here and think "Wow, what a metropolis of activity!". Sad indeed.

I'm so freaking sick of my living situation. EKU is so damn backward. I haven't found a roommate yet but for some reason they won't let me stay in my current room that will more than likely remain unoccupied if it weren't for me. I don't understand the reasoning. If I'm going to pay an extra $600 for a stupid private room then why can't I just stay where I am? Last semester we had at least two open rooms, not including the two rooms that were used as storage for dorm materials. That is the dumbest fucking thing ever. God forbid that a student be happy here.

I'm sick of caring about this but it's like I can't seem to let it go. I'm hoping that typing it out will help. If I can't find a person by the end of the week then I'll have to consolidate which is just not cool at all. I wish I knew more people or at least had more friends. I know it's a lot to expect after one semester but it seems like everyone on their respective floors knows one another and gets along. All the time I see big groups from each floor going out somewhere or doing something when I'm working the front desk. My floor has never done that. I don't even know all of the girls, we just ignore one another if we're in the hallway. It doesn't help that our RA is terrible either. She acts like it's all cool but compared to all the other female RAs here she's just... ugh. She is taking 21 hours and is in a sorority and for some reason thinks she has time? What the hell? I'm taking 17 hours and busting my butt. We never do activities like the other floors, and on the rare occasion she has one it's something that she'll organize but have someone else take care of.

I saw her in the bathroom this morning and she didn't even say hello to me. Half the time she looks at me like I'm crazy or something. She comes off as a total bitch (I'm not saying she is) and that's sad. She also comes off as completely fake. The way she talks to us is like you know that if she wasn't getting paid for this job, she never give us a second look. The other RAs are so sweet and outgoing, she is the complete opposite.

I know it doesn't sound like it but I'm trying to be compassionate.