Tuesday, September 20, 2005

El Esperar (Waiting)

Man oh man...

I totally jumped out on a limb yesterday and I'm still in free fall.

I found out a few weeks ago that a girl I'm interested in broke up with her girlfriend of over a year. Apparently, the ex was cheating on her. Ick for her, yay for me.

So I sat on this for a week or so and when I saw a mutual friend of ours, Mary, the night before last, I asked her what she thought about me asking her out (i.e. Did she think it was a good idea). She got this big, goofy grin on her face (Which makes me wonder if she knew something that I didn't... As in maybe she already likes me?) and was like, "Yeah, I think that would be a great idea but she just broke up with Nicole (the Ex) less than a month ago so I'm not sure if she's ready for a relationship or anything but I definitely think you should try and get a hold of her."

I haven't seen her since June and before that we never really saw one another on a regular basis. I've known her a few years but when I first met her I wasn't interested in her, now however, I am. So I looked up her email address and sent her a note yesterday afternoon and I've been obsessively checking my inbox ever since. Granted, I don't know what her email habits are, I don't know if she has regular access, ect. but nothing to report so far.

Mary told me she had graduated this past Spring and that she had moved back home (which is about an hour from where I am) to take care of her mom (I don't know the situation). That's all I know right now unfortunately. It was good to do it yesterday thought because all of my horoscopes said that it was a perfect day to "take a chance on love" so to speak. It's rare that all of them agree (I generally read four dailies along with one monthly... Yes, I'm obsessed but I digress...) so it made me feel extra confident in my attempt.

I just don't generally do those sorts of things and now having done it, it's not like I regret it, I'm just terrible at waiting. I have the patience of a fruitfly for sure. I don't know if she'll read it and think, "Why the hell is she emailing me..." or maybe she doesn't use that email address anymore and she'll never received the message. Too many options of things to happen. All the more to drive me batty.

Hopefully, I'll have something of substance to share at a later date.

Peace.